Fortesta is a proprietary name given to a US-based FDA-approved transdermal gel that is used to increase, optimize of normalize the blood levels of testosterone in men. It has to be applied topically / locally and is prescribed for those men who have little or no testosterone production in their bodies and are, thus, suffering from a medical condition known as Hypogonadism.
What is Fortesta?
Fortesta is a prescription-only trans-dermal gel that contains synthetic testosterone for topical (local) application on skin. It is FDA-approved for the treatment of low or lack of testosterone in the blood.
Reviews, endorsements or testimonials on the product
Fortesta has generally received positive reviews for the treatment of Hypogonadism or testosterone deficiency. It has a well-detailed and informative official website that lists all of the related prescribing information, both for, the patients and the physicians. Moreover, its approval from FDA has ranked it higher among other enhancement drugs of similar nature.
Composition / ingredients of Fortesta
Fortesta gel is composed of testosterone as an active ingredient. It also contains propylene glycol, purified water, ethanol, oleic acid, 2-propanol, carbomer 1382, butylated hydroxytoluene and triethanolamine as inactive ingredients.
How does Fortesta work (Mode of action)?
Fortesta has synthetic testosterone which, when applied directly on your thighs’ skin penetrates rapidly and gets absorbed in the boidy’s blood stream. It then exerts its testosterone-related effects within few months.
Fortesta is for you if:
- You have Hypogonadism or testosterone deficiency
- Your doctor has prescribed it for you
- You will only use FDA-approved enhancement products
Fortesta is not for you if:
- You are looking for an “oral or injectable” testosterone booster
- You want something that will stimulate testosterone production from the testes instead of just increasing its levels for short term only
- You are looking for a supplement that will treat or address impotency / erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation
Pros of Fortesta
- FDA-approved enhancement product
- Will increase libido and sexual desire in men
- Comes from a genuine and well-established US-based company known as “endo Pharmaceuticals”
- Is available both in USA, UK and Europe
- Can be applied without applicator or instrument
- Ca help normalize blood testosterone levels in 3 months
Cons of Fortesta
- Does not address other common male sexual issues such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation
- Does not work for elderly or those suffering from BPH (enlarged prostate)
- Can lead to serious and severe side effects / health risks in men
- Should only be applied on the inside of thighs (to avoid contact with the others)
- It has been found to produce side effects in about 3% of its users.
All in all, it is crystal clear in the light of the above facts and features that Fortesta is a synthetic branded drug that should only be used when prescribed and recommended by a physician to treat specific medical condition of testosterone deficiency in men. However, it must be remembered that Fortesta is a “drug or medication” and not a supplement or pill. Therefore, it is not a permanent solution to even the primary problem it is prescribed and used for i.e. testosterone deficiency.