AndroGel is a unique testosterone containing preparation that comes in a gel form for local application. It contains testosterone as its main ingredient and can be used / applied to treat a variety of conditions related with testosterone deficiency such as andropause, loss of libido, sexual dysfunction etc,. The following expert article will help you review some of its basis benefits, pros and cons in a clear and concise way. This gel comes in a concentration of about 1%. By nature, AndroGel is a controlled substance (CIII).
What is AndroGel?
According to the official claims, AndroGel is a special form of testosterone gel in 1.62% strength that is used as a part of daily hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to increase and / or normalize the blood levels of testosterone in men.Medically it is prescribed top treat or manage the following conditions:
- Andropause (male menopause)
- Hypogonadism (deficiency of testosterone in males)
- Reduced libido / sexual dysfunction
Reviews, endorsements or testimonials on the product
From an independent internet-based survey, AndroGel emerges as an authentic and credible drug that is scientifically backed,FDA-approved and has been endorsed by a number of users and reviewers.
Composition / ingredients of AndroGel
AndroGel consists of the following ingredients:
Alcohol as a non-medicinal ingredient
How does AndroGel work (Mode of action)?
Once applied locally on the skin of the upper arm or shoulder, the key ingredient of AndroGel diffused through skin to enter blood stream. Once absorbed directly in the blood, testosterone begins to Compensate for the declining levels of existing testosterone.
AndroGel is for you if:
- You are looking for a product for topical / local administration and not for oral use
- You would like to avoid taking injectable testosterone
- It has been prescribed by your doctor to treat some underlying disorder
AndroGel is not for you if:
- You are looking for a herbal or natural treatment solution for testosterone replacement
- You find it difficult to apply a gel on daily basis and almost at the same time
- You are looking for a quick boost of blood testosterone levels
- If you are above 65 or blow 18
Pros of AndroGel
- The product comes from one of the leading, well renowned pharmaceutical companies of the world, Abbot.
- Product is FDA approved
- Safety profile of the product is high (as compared to the injectable testosterone) as only a small amount of the product is applied topically
- In the long run, AndroGel is relatively cheaper as compared to testosterone injections
- The official website has a wealth of information for both physicians and patients and everything isclinically backed and scientifically evidenced
Cons of AndroGel
- AndroGel is not herbal but a synthetic pharmaceutical preparation
- Since the product is topically applied on the skin, it may cause local side effects including allergy, rash,
burning or irritation.
- Product may not act as effectively and quickly as the testosterone injections do
- Product may cause some serious side effects including BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), abnormally high amount of body hair, enlargement of breasts, acne, sleep apnea (breathing problems while sleeping) etc.,.
Last but not, the above mentioned evidence, pros and cons of AndroGel suggest that this product may be of limited usefulness until and unless it is prescribed or recommended by the doctor for the treatment of certain clinical conditions. Otherwise, because of its safety concerns (high percentage of side effects), expensive costs and unnatural composition, it may actually pose some risk if used without medical advice. It is, therefore, better to look for a natural and safer substitute that will not only treat the main cause of testosterone deficiency but will also address the associated symptoms of loss of libido and male sexual dysfunction.
Leave Your Review of Androgel Below
Check Out Our Top Testosterone Boosting Supplement