A couple of weeks ago, a visitor to this site asked that I look into a male enhancement supplement called Zytek XL. I hadn’t heard of it yet, so my search for information began on the internet. It wasn’t long before I found several sites singing its praises and providing links to its official website. These “review” sites make Zytek XL sound like it’s the biggest breakthrough the supplement industry has seen in years and that everyone needs to grab some of this stuff. One reviewer stated:
“Zytek XL is one great supplement which is made with some of the greatest ever components in the market…”
With praise like that, I knew I had to take a closer look.
Our top choice in male enhancement supplements is VigRx Plus. We set out here to see if Zytek XL gives it a run for its money.
What is Zytek XL?
Zytek XL is a daily natural male sexual performance enhancement supplement. The idea is that when you take it every day, you’ll see an increase in virility, vitality, erection quality, and of course sex drive as well. Essentially, it provides all the benefits you’d expect from an enhancement pill, and it does so using only safe and natural ingredients.
Who Should Use Zytek XL?
If you’re over about 40 or so, you’ve probably noticed a bit of a decline in a few aspects of your male vitality.
Maybe you’ve got low energy.
Maybe you don’t get erections as often as you’d like, or they don’t last as long as you need.
Maybe you just feel inexplicably down more often than ever before.
The likely cause of this decreasing testosterone levels.
When you were a teenager your body had more testosterone than you knew what to do with, but starting in your twenties, your body begins producing less and less of the stuff.
At first, you still have plenty so the decline is not something you notice. But at some point, your levels are low enough to start feeling the effect. It happens to some guys at around 35, some don’t notice till 40 or so.
Everyone is different.
Declining testosterone levels within normal ranges is not a disease or illness, per se.
It’s just an expected part of aging.
And that’s why there are supplements like Zytek XL to ease the associated symptoms, especially the sexual ones.
Zytek XL Ingredients
The Zytek XL formula contains natural testosterone boosters to meet the problem head on, and also aphrodisiacs and pro-sexual nutrients to combat any specific sexual dysfunctions. The ingredient list includes:
- L-Arginine (450mg) which improves sexual function directly by increasing blood flow to your genitals for better erections. L-Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide, which acts as a vasodilator, opening up blood vessels allowing for an increased amount of blood to flow into the penile cavities. According to the Mayo Clinic, the recommended daily serving to combat ED is 5 grams.
- Eurycoma Longfolia (75 mg) which has been shown in studies to increase libido, improve erections, and possibly even increase sperm production. It is also believed to have an anti-estrogen effect, preventing testosterone from being converted to estrogen.
- Saw Palmetto (25 mg) which is believed to help alleviate symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
- Tribulus Terrestris (100 mg) has long been thought to increase testosterone, but it’s now understood to simply provide similar benefits to increased testosterone, such as increased libido, better erections and improved athletic performance. Typical doses range from 200-450 mg per day.
- Muira Puama (25 mg) which is a well known herbal aphrodisiac from Brazil, used to increase libido. Effective doses seem to be in the 1-3 grams per day range
- Bioperine (2.5 mg) which comes from black pepper and is used to increase the bioavailability of the rest of the ingredients in the formula. 20 mg is the standard dose for these purposes.
You may have noticed one potential drawback to the Zytek XL formula. Most of the ingredients are used at much lower amounts than is typically used and/or thought to be effective.
This is actually much more common than you might think.
Supplement companies choose all or most of the right ingredients for their formula, then seriously under-dose them. In the end, it’s usually not a good strategy as these supplements tend to get a lot of customer reviews saying “It did nothing for me.”
I haven’t actually seen this with Zytek XL yet.
In fact, I haven’t been able to find any reviews from actual customers.
Where to Buy
At this point, there are two ways to purchase Zytek XL, both of which are online.
Firstly, there’s a free trial offer at the official Zytek XL website.
Here’s how it works:
You sign up for the trial by paying a small shipping fee of $4.95, and they send you a full 30-day supply.
If after 14 days from the day you place your order you haven’t contacted them to cancel, they will charge you the full price of $89.99 for the “free” bottle, AND sign you up for automatic monthly shipments at that same $89.99 price (plus shipping).
Here are the terms spelled out on the order page:
Make a note of that phone number is you do choose to order the free trial. You’ll need to avoid future payments or cancel future orders and payments.
If you want to try Zytek XL but prefer to avoid the hassle of canceling your free trial before it turns into a very expensive trial, you can place a straight up one time order at Amazon for $32.99.
Zytek XL Pros and Cons
Advantages of Zytek XL
- The ingredients are all natural and the list contains several promising components.
- It’s available at Amazon if you want to avoid the “free trial”.
Disadvantages of Zytek XL
- The ingredient amounts are for the most part too low to have any real effect.
- There are no customer reviews to illustrate how well it’s working for real people.
- Signing up for the free trial could lead to expensive monthly payments you never saw coming.
The Bottom Line
Zytek XL is a lot like so many other male enhancement supplements I’ve tried. It uses a good stable of ingredients, but shortchanges the customer on the amounts of each. When effective doses of l-arginine are between 3 and 5 grams per day and Zytek XL is offering only 450 mg, I wouldn’t expect a whole lot of increased blood flow.
That’s probably the biggest drawback to this product. Second is the free trial issue. Zytek XL isn’t the worst I’ve seen. Some of them put the terms of the deal hidden in a separate document that most buyers don’t even know about. Zytek XL is more upfront than that, placing them right under the order form and requiring that you check a box stating you’ve read them.
For these reasons, I don’t think I’d go as far as to say Zytek XL is a scam, but it’s not something I’d recommend as one of the most effective products either.